We’re located inside NorCal Indoor Sports
Visit us at our own dedicated space, located inside NorCal Indoor Sports at 1460 Tanforan Avenue Suite A Woodland, CA 95776
earn your wings
Tryouts for our 2017-2018 season are on Saturday, April 15th
You can be a part of Woodland's newest All Star Cheerleading program. Tryouts for our 2017-2018 season will be hosted on Saturday, April 15th and our full-year teams begin practicing in May.During tryouts, our coaching staff will evaluate each child in the following categories: attitude, tumbling, dance, jumps, stunts, and motions. Cali Courage's program is designed to help athletes develop and solidify their skills so that they can advance to higher levels safely. If you are interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 season you can register here. If you would like to visit our gym or to meet with our Director, please call (530) 650-6116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Spirit is our youth level 1 team and is comprised of ages 6-11.
Tenacity is our junior level 1 team and is comprised of ages 8-14.
Titanium is our senior level 1 team and is comprised of ages 11-18.
Guardians is our senior level 2 team and is comprised of ages 11-18.
We can help with the conditioning and skills needed for success.
Mommy & Me All Stars
- This class introduces students to basic gymnastic and cheer terms and skills such as the toe touch, pike, forward and backward roll, handstand, bridge, cartwheel, round-off, and back handspring drills. Students will learn to perform all these skills and more in synchronization to counts.
- Candlestick to the upright position without using hands
- Forward roll in a tuck and straddle position
- Backward roll on wedge mat in a tuck and straddle position
- Lunge to lever to handstand
- Cartwheel with straight legs
- Progressions to a round-off
- Backbend with a spot
- Handstand control to bridge with a spot
- Lunge to handstand with a vertical position
- Handstand bridge
- Bridge kickover, back walkover
- Front limber, front walkover
- Handstand forward roll with a spot
- Round off with hollow body
- Body mechanics of a back handspring
- Sit, arch, block, hollow back handspring over octagon
- Power hurdle
- Handstand forward roll
- Power hurdle round-off rebound
- Standing back handspring
- Front handspring, front handspring step out
- Round-off back handspring rebound
- Back extension roll to push up
- Back extension roll to handstand
- Standing back handspring rebound
- Round-off series rebound
- Standing series rebound
- Power hurdle round-off back handspring rebound
- Power hurdle round-off back handspring rebound onto elevated surface
- Body mechanics for a front/back tuck
- Front handspring step out to round-off back handspring
- Flyers can perfect the art of flying high with proper timing, technique, and body position. Flyer specific drills and stretching will strengthen skills while helping athletes progress to the next level. Learn stunts safely in progression under USASF.
Jump Like a Texan
- Improve cheerleading jumps by stretching, performing, and conditioning, using proper form and technique. Get ready to connect and perfect a series of jumps including the toe touch, pike, double nine, and front hurdlers.
All Buff No Fluff
- All star cheerleading requires a tremendous amount of strength. This class is geared towards developing explosive, powerful legs as well as the upper body, lower back, and core strength required for this sport. Injuries in tumbling do occur, but they can be minimized by conditioning specific muscle groups.
- Standing back handspring
- Standing two back handsprings
- Standing three back handsprings
- Round off back handspring
- Round off multiple back handsprings
- Back walkover back handspring
- Front walkover round off back handspring
- Toe touch pause back handspring
Cali Courage Staff
Because we love what we do.
Get in touch
We'd love to hear from you.
We're Not Winging It
"We're Not Winging It" is the gym's blog. Check back for the latest news on our Angels as well as tips for your athlete's training!
University of California, Davis
Step up your cheer game with private lessons as you prepare for tryouts! Private lessons are the fastest way to improve on technique, but there are a few, very simple guidelines you can follow to get the most out of your next session. Know the Team Requirements Does your high school cheer team require a[…]
Univ. of the Pacific (UOP) Stockton, CA